Today is the 24th October 2014. This is the day that “Outlines” my fourth studio album, is available for the first time in digital stores the world over. You’ll find it on itunes, amazon, spotify and a host of other places that albums go to wait for hungry music-lovers (OR music-hungry lovers!) to come along and snap them up. Between you and me, you’ll also find it on a host of torrent sites … I don’t think I’ve had a record on the Pirate Bay before so I can only take it as a sign that my career is moving in the right direction and I am improving as an artist.
So, what is an indie song-maker to do on such a land mark occasion as Album release day? Well I don’t exactly know… Ideally it would be nice to have some TV appearance lined up – maybe Letterman or Later with Jools Holland. Unfortunately I never got around to setting up either. I have been very busy you know… Maybe it would be a good idea to walk down the main street of the Capital City with a megaphone and advice the passers-by to get to their nearest itunes and search for “Outlines”. I’ve never felt comfortable with a megaphone though so I decided against that.
Here’s how I have actually spent my day so far (It’s 17:23 at time of writing):
- Woke Up 9:30 ish
- Mediated for 21 minutes – listening to Tara Brach
- Ate Porridge with honey, cinnamon and apple cubes.
- Ate a Bagel with Peanut Butter.
- Changed the front page of PD.com a little.
- Drank Coffee.
- Listened to Outlines on Spotify (It’s all there and it works!)
- Checked Facebook and Twitter.
- Put link to a kindly written review of “Outlines” on my FaceBook page.
- Wrote to Hotpress.com and asked if that give a shout out to the new album & video.
- Drove through Friday evening traffic to picked up a registered letter for a friend.
- Bought Salmon – To Cook later for Therese.
- Started writing a new blog post for Peter Doran.com
That’s what my day has looked like. It’s been a good day. Soon I will run – 10 km or so. On Monday I have to run 42km. (That’s a whole other post. I’ll let you know how it goes!)
These are just some of my thoughts on this most special of days. This album had it’s beginnings in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of me, and it’s now out there in the big bad world for all to hear. This is a good feeling, and a good start. I love this album and I hope you will too. I hope that it brings you some joy and moves you in some way.
So I invite you now to find your way to “Outlines”. Give it a listen and see if you like it. If you want to buy it, go ahead and buy it. If you want to stream it – Stream it. If you want a Physical CD – get a physical CD. If you want to torrent it, then go do that! If you want a free download direct from me – just write to me and ask for it (peterdoranmusic [at] gmail.com) – No problem. The album is yours now – if you want it.
Thanks for reading